A Workshop with children and young women and Adult to review and implementation of NPA on human Trafficking at divisional level was organized by BNWLA and all out coordination of PCTSCN Consortium on 16 March 2018. The event was organized in the Conference room of Rajdhani girls’ high school, Dhaka with the participation of 55 participants comprising of Children and young women, and civil society members from school and community.
The consultation session inaugurated by Adv. Hasna Begum, Executive member of BNWLA and the session facilitated by Maliha Sultana, PC ,BNWLA.
After the inauguration and introduction session Ms. Maliha Sultana has been discussed about objective and Goal of this Program and shown presentation and docu-drama on child trafficking. The facilitator discussed about consequence of child trafficking, child marriage and violence against children and gender base violence issue. Briefly discussed about Special tribunal, national fund and HT National suppression songstha. Then the all participants divided 3 groups as per facilitator instruction and recommended how to address gaps of NPA implementation and major challenges. After finished group work they presented their presentation. They also demanded continuity of these project initiatives and showed their interest to work against the child trafficking, child marriage and take steps towards violence against children. Facilitator given thanks to the children and youth women who are actively involvement in this session and given opinion to develop message for publishing poster and leaflets.
Some recommendations from the participants:
- Need to mass awareness on NPA implementation about trafficking issues in the all levels
- Need to school base awareness session and formed a child committee at school level
- Need to community initiatives and civil society involvement to prevent trafficking
- Poster leaflet, Drama show is needed much more
- Need to strengthen local government and city corporation initiatives
- Capacity building support for children and adult
- Establish separate tribunal for human trafficking cases
- Ensure punishment through judgment
- Formed national fund for human trafficking victims
- Need to Functioning human trafficking suppression Songtha at national level to local level.